08 February 2013

Product Review: Personal Planner

Hi people, welcome to my first product review! Are you excited? If you didn't already catch it, you can read up on my stance on product reviews or view my page on the subject.

Personal Planner approached me recently and offered me a free personal planner so I could review their product here on my blog. Now I have seen a few other bloggers doing Personal Planner giveaways lately - I've deliberately not read them knowing this was in the pipeline and wanting to make sure my opinions were all my own.

As you know, I try to be organised. So for someone who buys their day-to-a-page A5 diary in September of the preceding year, an approach in January seemed a little late. I almost said no. But then I thought I'd give it a go, perhaps I could benefit from it in some way.

Right at the beginning, I was impressed. Why? Because it is a 12-month planner but it can cover any twelve month period ahead - whatever you choose. I chose to start at February, which now means I'll have the planner all the way through to the start of the next school year. 

There are quite a few designs and colours available. This is what mine looks like at the front:


They come in four different sizes ranging from $35 to $45 in price. If you speak Swedish or Danish, for example, the planner can be made in those languages - no Italian though, unfortunately ;-)

The outlook is a week to an opening. You can put in personal dates too if you like, although I didn't. In mine I've also got a pink plastic ruler in the spiral spine to keep my spot. I have found the paper to be really good quality, nice and thick and the graphics have turned out very well.

There are a lot of opportunities for personalising your planner. As well as cover and language, you can add content to a title page. Here's mine, which includes a quote I love:

To do lists, ideas lists, goals and/or free space are all available options per opening.


At the back of the planner there are also a number of options for fun (or useful, if you're boring!) things to add. I opted for a mixture of fun and boring: world maps for fun (even though I have no plans to go anywhere in the next 12 months) and an overview of 2013 and 2014 to help plan even further ahead.

I still use my A5 day-to-a-page diary - the planner simply doesn't have enough space for me to write all my daily lists and other content. But I don't really think that this is its purpose. I find that I am using it - even though I've only had it a week - for my appointments, routines and ideas. I am finding it useful to see my whole week laid out in front of me instead of one day at a time. I am happy to say that I think I will enjoy it, not only because of my love of stationery, but also to fill the gaps in my time-management.

For more info or if you're thinking about ordering one for yourself, check out Personal Planner's website.

Francesca Writes Disclaimers Here: No payment was received by me from Personal Planner for the purposes of this review. Personal Planner did provide me with a free personal planner to the value of $45 for the purposes of this review, which I am keeping, because I like it.

14 comments:

  1. Got me intrigued! As a new school mum I've just discovered that my A5 one week per view is just not enough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a giveaway on my blog at the moment for one and I can't wait to get mine, I have been trying to win one for ages and was about to actually buy one when I got an email from them so I was stoked! I am going to buy a notebook to go with it too, and probably the new pens they have as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great first review!
    I too love being organised! And I love stationary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one of these and I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I must be the only person in the world without one! Next year maybe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, there are a few getting around, aren't there :-)

      Delete
  6. It's a great first review Francesca. Those diaries do look good. I didn't realise there were so many ways to personalise them. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Anyhow, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back frequently!


    My blog post: How Can I Win Money Online For Free

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...