25 October 2012

My 6th Liebster Award!



Can you believe it?! I can't. Early this month I was given my 6th Liebster award! Thank you to Mel at "Just Winging It. Parenting by the seat of my pants".  I am sorry that it has taken me so long to post about this award. But I am thankful. So thankful, in fact, that I am doing my "acceptance speech" post as my Thankful Thursday for this week.

As this post is bound to be a link-a-thon, I'll just remind you about my other awards and where they came from. Actually, let's have fun with this and see how many links I can put in this post:
  1. This was from Miss Holly at Monstercake. I'm not sure if Monstercake is still up and running but Holly now blogs here. Click here for my acceptance post.
  2. I received this one from Schez. Click here for my acceptance post.
  3. This came from Musings 'n' Mayhem. Click here for my acceptance post.
  4. Chrissie awarded me this one. Click here for my acceptance post.
  5. This one was from Jay. Click here for my acceptance post.
So what is a Liebster Award? The award is given to support and recognise up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (on their blog) or likers (on their Facebook page). The word “Liebster” apparently has German origins and is reported to mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. By following some basic rules (answer 11 questions set by your nominee, write 11 questions of your own and pass the award onto 11 other bloggers to answer) it enables readers to get to know new bloggers and connect with a wider audience.


Mel's questions for me 
  1. How long have you been blogging / had a Facebook page for? I started blogging in December 2009, so that's two years and 10 months now.
  2. Why did you start blogging? To have a creative outlet and keep my mind active. Just to continue with the extreme linkiness of this post, here is a link to my first post about why I started blogging.
  3. What should you be doing right now, instead of blogging? Sleeping
  4. Name 3 items you could grab from where you are sitting. Telephone, notepad, earrings.
  5. Are you a morning or evening person? Morning
  6. What book are you currently reading? Mrs Queen Takes the Train by William Kuhn. It's a proof copy I won from Allen & Unwin in a Facebook competition.
  7. Where were you born? In a hospital, unlike one of my daughters.
  8. How many times in your life have you moved and where to? 10 times I think all up. Where to? Now that's a secret ;-)
  9. Are you a coffee or a tea drinker? Coffee for sure
  10. What is the next country on your travel wish list? Italy, the list doesn't change.
  11. Are you spontaneous or a planner. I'm a planner who likes to think she can be spontaneous (but that's all in my imagination).
Okay, so now I have to nominate 11 people to pass this award onto. If you've been reading my last few Liebster posts, I've been a bit naughty and haven't done this bit. But I'm issuing myself a challenge. I am going to attempt to link to 11 new people I haven't given the award to yet.


Previous Liebster recipients at the hands of Francesca

Firstly, let's go over who I have already awarded the Liebster to on previous occasions:
  1. The Baynhams;
  2. Lil and Hubby;
  3. Shepherd Wants a Wife;
  4. Dialogue of a Wallflower;
  5. Making Each Day Count;
  6. From Boardrooms to Babies;
  7. Back in G-Town;
  8. Musings from Mumma G;
  9. Twinkle in the Eye;
  10. This Charming Mum;
  11. The Things We Do;
  12. Mummy's Undeserved Blessings

Lucky Liebster Nominees

For my nominees for this time, in the spirit of spreading the Liebster love, I will not nominate back people who have nominated me. Because of this, I might have to be slightly (or completely) lax with the number of followers rule. Now here, without further ado, are my 11 new nominees:

So, nominees, if you want to play along (which you are under no obligation to do, by the way), here are my questions for you:
  1. What's the most disgusting thing you've ever eaten? (Let's get the niceties out of the way early!)
  2. How many blog posts have you written?
  3. What was your first pet's name?
  4. How many children do you have?
  5. Tea or coffee? (Catherine, I know what your answer will be!)
  6. Name one thing you can't do without.
  7. Do you need routine or do you go with the flow?
  8. What is your favourite fruit?
  9. Name one of your talents.
  10. What is your favourite thing about where you live?
  11. What colour are your eyes?

Thankful Thursday

16 comments:

  1. Thanks Francesca; now do you want me to answer them here in the comments or on a post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's completely up to you, whatever you prefer. And take your time. I think this one took me about a month to do ... oops :-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you!
    I am honoured...so nice to be recognised...and amongst such great company too!
    Now I have to think of who to nominate...going to be tough as you named some of my favourite blogs and bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome.
      Sorry, it is tricky isn't it, that's why I had to break the rules!

      Delete
  3. Thanks Francesca! And I should be sleeping rather than blogging too! Poor sleep has been sacrificed for this new love. Looking forward to ansering your questions. Thanks again x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bambini Di Casa25/10/12 2:05 PM

    Thanks so much Francesca!! How sweet of you! I love blogging and it is so nice to be recognised. I will post answers and forward to 11 as soon as I can ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. More wonderful answers! Love it Francesca! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kind of cool getting to know you as you answered the question. Thanks for being my 50th follower! I've returned the favour, hopefully we'll get to know one another a bit more in time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the award and so well deserving as well. Enjoyed reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for passing this on to me. What makes you think I am a tea drinker? ;-) I wish I was sleeping right now xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on all your awards! I love Italy too. Would love to head back there again someday! Thanks for sharing a little bit of you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the award!

    Hmmm... I'm going to have to think long and hard about this...

    I'll let you know when my post goes up :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the award - and thanks for the pass-along.

    I'm going to have to think long and hard about this one...

    Hmmmmm....

    Chantelle
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...