23 July 2012

Liebster #3

Oooh, I am a lucky, lucky lady!

The lovely Carmen at Musings 'n' Mayhem nominated me for a Liebster blog award.

I'm feeling a bit special, as it's my third of these awards - thanks so much!

The Liebster is awarded to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.

The conditions that go with being nominated are:

1.Each person must post 11 facts about themselves
2. Each person must answer 11 questions set by the person who tagged them
3. Each person must set 11 questions for the people they tag
4. You can then choose 11 people and link them to your post (they should have 200 followers or less)
5. Tell them you have tagged them.
6. No tag backs.


11 Facts About Me

1. I love reading Roald Dahl books to my kids.

2. My alcoholic drink of choice at the moment is bacardi and chinotto (well, not right at this moment, it's the middle of the day!)

3. During my first year at uni, I would put on an Irish accent when I was drunk.

4. Although I am left-handed, I am right-footed.

5. I can't stand windy weather.

6. I get great satisfaction from squashing cockroaches. In our house, I'm the cockroach person and Hubby is the spider person.

7. If I spin around even once, I get dizzy. It started happening when I was pregnant with MissyMoo2 (3) and has happened ever since.

8. I'm a shorty.

9. The first time I ever played hockey, I played 7 games in a day (that was in 1999 and I haven't played since).

10. Sometimes I still don't feel as if I'm a grown up.

11. I never got into "The X Files".


11 Questions Carmen Asked Me

1. What were your goals as a child and did you achieve them?
As a young child I wanted to be a mother, so the answer to that one is "yes".

2. Do you consider yourself a logical or a lateral thinker?
I like to think of myself as logical, but I'm a closet lateral thinker.

3. Do you believe you need to fit in? Or stand out?
Both. I know, it's weird. I've always tried hard to fit in, but also wanted to be noticed. What can I say, I'm a walking contradiction.

4. What has been the happiest moment of your life?
When Fr Terry pronounced Hubby and I husband and wife.

5. Where do you find inspiration?
My kids, music.

6. If your children grow up to be teenagers like you were, would you worry?
Generally no, I was a very good girl. I would worry for them a bit though, because I think I took life way too seriously.

7. Do you have any regrets?
A few little ones. I wish I'd taken a year off to work/travel after school instead of wasting away a year drinking and then changing degrees anyway. I get sad about some situations that were largely out of my control, so "regret" probably isn't the right word there. But overall, the choices I've made have brought me where I am today, and I'm happy/

8. Where would you love to live most?
Hubby and I talk about this a lot. There's nowhere I'd drop everything to move off to, so right where I am is fine.

9. How would you like to see yourself in the next 10 years?
A loving wife & mother, a good role model for my kids, growing older with my growing family, developing professionally.

10. Who are your mentors/idols?
I can't narrow it down to name names. Just people generally who are able to be kind and positive when life seems determined to break them

11. What is your favourite treat?
Chocolate.


Next bit
Now this is not like me, but I'm going to break the rules. As I have recently received and passed on the Liebster Blog Award, and as my list of intended award recipients hasn't changed since then, I won't do the awarding and tagging thing here. But to see the blogs I have previously awarded this fantabulous prize, see here.

Thanks so much, Carmen. I've got my big goofy grin on!

xx

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for accepting the award Francesca! I've loved learning more about you.

    Oh... I'm a shorty too. Five foot and a jot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, thanks so much for thinking of me :-)

      Delete
  2. Number 3: During my first year at uni, I would put on an Irish accent when I was drunk.

    You were practising to become my friend, you just didn't know it at the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true :-)

      I was reading to the Missy Moos the other night (a chapter from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) and I was doing voices. After one of my accents, Miss E said excitedly: "You sound just like Gina"!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...